SurCode for Dolby E
The Industry Standard for Dolby E on Your Workstation
Dolby E is the industry standard method of transporting multichannel digital audio across an asset’s entire post–production life cycle. As the first and most complete tool kit for Dolby E, SurCode for Dolby E is a certified Dolby E encoder and decoder suite that allows fast and easy processing and management of file-based Dolby E assets and metadata.
- Structured workflow
- Increased productivity
- Flexible license handling
- Encode, decode &monitor
- Broad platform support – Avid, Adobe, Final Cut &VST
- Interoperable with Dolby hardware
- Lowest cost Dolby monitoring solution in the industry
Easy & FlexibleWorkflow
SurCode for Dolby E provides a simple and flexible workflow tailored specifically to your platform andworkstation.Allplatforms,includingPro Tools, MediaComposer,NewsCutter,Symphony,Adobe Premiere, VST and Final Cut are included on a singlelicense.
- Settings are conveniently embedded in your session for instant recall orrework
- Supports all Dolbymetadata
- Choose the best way to integrate into your ownworkflow
Complete Metadata Management
SurCode for Dolby E generates and preserves all Dolby metadata. This gives broadcast professionals the ability to control channel mode, downmix parameters, profiles, dialog level and other ancillary metadata. Browse or drag and drop DBMD to read existing metadata since SurCode for Dolby E imports and exports metadata as:
- DBMD - add your Dolby metadata chunk into WAVheaders
- XML - universal format for AudioTools Server or any XML–awareapplication
- Text - human–readable metadata for manualQC
SurCode for Dolby E Plugin
SurCode for Dolby E includes encoder and decoder plug–ins for Pro Tools, Final Cut, Symphony, Media Composer, NewsCutter, and VST versions for qualified surround–capable workstations such as Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Nuendo, Pyramix, Sequoia and Fairlight.
SurCode for Dolby E Encoder
SurCode for Dolby E Encoder provides in–depth Dolby E encoding, supporting all Dolby E encoder program configurations. Dolby E and program metadata are displayed and can be updated, all via a simple, tabbed user interface. The SurCode for Dolby E Encoder plug–in seamlessly integrates with your workstation using the current session information.
- Pro Tools, Media Composer & NewsCutter AudioSuite; cross–platform VST & Final Cut Pro Export
- Up to 8 input channels, with flexible input routing
- Full metadata management
- Includes plug–in templates & presets
- DBMD import/export
- DP600 emulation option for guard band & other file settings
- Optionally enable or disable timecode in encoded files
- Frame offset control for tape–based or Dolby hardware layback
- Supports both dual mono or single interleaved WAV files
- Stream metadata from legacy hardware via optional USB-to-RS-422 serial cable
SurCode for Dolby E Decoder
SurCode for Dolby E Decoder decodes Dolby E files or streams, and provides output and routing of audio streams. Playback control is at your fingertips, with convenient program selection that optionally routes stereo audio to your default 1/2 bus pair, eliminating the need to repatch. The user interface displays program configuration, output metering, metadata, decoding status and a decoding error indicator for both the Dolby E file and individual programs. SurCode for Dolby E Decoder also enables real time testing and playback for tight and consistent quality control.
- Supports all Dolby E encoder program configurations including 5.1 + 2
- Dolby E Data Bit Depth of 20 or 16 bit
- Up to 8 output channels per file or stream
- Export DBMD chunk, XML or text metadata
- Provides both peak & RMS metering (AAX, VST, RTAS & AudioSuite)
- Display & update Dolby E + per-program metadata
- Save user–defined presets
SurCode for Dolby E Stream Player
The SurCode for Dolby E Stream Player plug–in delivers real time decoding capability for all your post–production stakeholders, even when they are only equipped for stereo routing playback. As a complement to a complete Dolby E workflow or, a low cost quality control solution for any of your rooms, SurCode for Dolby E Stream Player easily integrates the Dolby E format into existing workflows across platforms and applications, providing more choice for video post production professionals. It’s a problem solver for broadcasters, contractors, second units, location crews and anyone who needs to incorporate Dolby E into their workflow without the bulk and expense of full surround. SurCode for Dolby E Stream Player enhances NewsCutter, Media Composer, Symphony, Pro Tools, Final Cut Pro 6 or 7 plus Nuendo, Pyramix and Fairlight or qualified VST hosts.
- Real time downmixing of 5.1 to stereo
- Downmix parameters taken directly from Dolby E metadata for a true emulation
- Real time program selection during playback
- Adjustable downmix headroom control
- Comprehensive Dolby E metadata display
- Export DBMD chunk, XML or text metadata
SurCode for Dolby E – for Media Composer, Symphony & NewsCutter
For faster-than-real-time processing, the SurCode for Dolby E plugin appears as an AudioSuite encoder and decoder, right in the AudioSuite menu of your Avid workstation. For real-time audition from the timeline, the SurCode for Dolby E Decoder AAX and RTAS plug-ins are also included. The time saving Mixdown feature for Media Composer, Symphony and NewsCutter allows you to apply the AAX and RTAS decoders, in a faster–than–real-time capacity, to a multichannel bus. It not only decodes the audio but automatically creates a multichannel track, and prints the decoded PCM audio to that track.
SurCode for Dolby E – for Pro Tools
For faster-than-real-time processing, the SurCode for Dolby E plugin appears as an AudioSuite encoder and decoder, right in the AudioSuite menu of your Pro Tools workstation. For real-time audition from a file, the timeline, or a live input, the SurCode for Dolby E Decoder RTAS and AAX plug-ins are also included. When only QC or confidence monitoring is required, the low-cost SurCode for Dolby E Stream Player saves money and frees up more costly resources
SurCode for Dolby E - for Adobe Premiere Pro CC
For faster–than–realtimeprocessing, the SurCode for Dolby E Encoder is available as an export plug-in in the Adobe Media Encoder export engine. SurCode for Dolby E VST Decoder decodes directly from the Premiere Pro timeline. Simply drop a Dolby E encoded file onto the timeline and instantiate SurCodefor Dolby E Decoder in the audio mixer to either audition or decode to PCM.
SurCode for Dolby E - for Nuendo
For faster-than-real-time processing, the SurCode for Dolby E VST Encoder encodes by selecting the Audio Mixdown option in the File Export menu. The SurCode for Dolby E Decoder VST plugin allows real-time audition from a file, the timeline, or a live input as an Insert plugin on your multichannel track. SurCode for Dolby E StreamPlayer saves you time and resources, decoding in Nuendo in stereo.
SurCode for Dolby E - for Pyramix
For faster–than–real time processing, the SurCode for Dolby E VST Encoder encodes by selecting the Project menu, where you select Mix Down. The SurCode for Dolby E Decoder VST plug–in allows real time audition from a file, the timeline, or a live input as an Insert plug–in on your multichannel track. For your Broom,SurCode for Dolby E StreamPlayer saves time and money, with stereo decoding in Pyramix.
SurCode for Dolby E - for Final Cut
For faster–than–real time processing, the SurCode for Dolby E Encoder and Decoder appear as options in the File Export menu. For confidence monitoring and QC in a stereo environment, SurCode for DolbyE Stream Player is the lowest cost solutionavailable.
SurCode for Dolby E - for MAGIX
For real-time processing, the SurCode for Dolby E VST Encoder encodes via the Plug-ins menu, where you select VST FX. The SurCode for Dolby E Decoder VST plug–in gives you real time auditioning from a file or the timeline, and SurCode for Dolby E Stream Player lets you monitor Dolby E in stereo rightin Sequoia.
- Pace iLok USB Smart Key and PACE iLok.com account (not included)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 - 10.12 / Windows 7 - 10
- AudioSuite plug-in for Pro Tools 7.4 HD - 10.3.10; Media Composer Family 6 and 7
- AAX AudioSuite plug-in for Pro Tools 10.3.6 - 12.8.x; Media Composer Family 8.1 or higher
- 32/64 bit VST for qualified VST 2.4 host (Nuendo, Pyramix, Sequoia)
- Apple Final Cut Pro Export plug-in (Final Cut 6 or 7)
- Export plug-in for Adobe Premiere Pro CC / Adobe Media Encoder CC (requires CodeMeter software license: included)